It’s no secret that this year has been challenging and many have been put into situations where they need to have tough conversations. In fact, many problems can be solved when two people can have a thoughtful, mature, and healthy conversation. Yet, having tough conversations or simple communication was never taught to most of us in school; we don’t know how to do it. This week, Alexandra Jamieson returns to the podcast to discuss how to have game-changing conversations.
Alexandra is the co-author of Radical Alignment, a book about how to have tough conversations at work and at home. In this episode, Alex helps us learn the steps needed to show up as your best self, regardless of how the conversation turns out.
- How a communication workshop for couples inspired Alex and her husband, Bob, to write their book, Radical Alignment. (22:00)
- How we fall into traps of bad communication. (10:00)
- Why the common culprit in miscommunication is the missing conversation. (18:16)
- You can create team psychological safety with equal speaking time. (25:00)
- The 4 steps in the All-In Method, including declaring the topic of conversation. (24:27)
- How to invite someone to an emotional or high-stakes conversation. (40:00)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life
Episode 152: Food, Desire, and You with Alexandra Jamieson
YKAL Podcast is supported by:
AndStillIVote.org – Voting should be free, fair, safe, and easy to access.
Green Chef – Go to GreenChef.com/kickass80 and use code kickass80 to get $80 off across 4 boxes including free shipping on your first box!
Alexandra Jamieson is the bestselling author of five books, and co-creator / co-star of the Oscar-nominated documentary Super Size Me. She is a highly-sought-after success mentor and motivational guide for thousands and has made it her mission to empower women to create epic lives. Her work has been praised by Oprah, The Today Show, Dr. Oz, Goop, Martha Stewart Living, the New York Times, CNN, Elle, Marie Claire, USA Today, People, and many others. She is the host of Her Rules Radio, a #1 rated podcast and an award-winning watercolor painter who has created commissioned works for clients around the world. As a life-long learner, her wellness expertise has grown out of a decade of experience, as well as her education at the Natural Gourmet Institute, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and a certification in Applied Positive Psychology