This week on the YKAL podcast we’re talking about resilience and intuition. To help me unpack this topic is my guest, Dr. Andrea Pennington. She is an integrative physician, acupuncturist, meditation teacher, #1 international bestselling author, and TEDx speaker.
Together Dr. Andrea and I discuss what it means to be resilient, how tolerating stress is not the same thing as being resilient, and how self-care plays a key role in resilience. Plus, she shares what it means to learn who you really are, how to share your personal story, and listening to your intuition.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Dr. Andrea shares her story of debilitating imposter syndrome and how it led her to do the work she is doing today. (9:18)
- What it means to be resilient and some traits of resilient people. (11:30)
- Tolerating stress is not the same as being resilient. (14:20)
- In order to embrace who you are, you must first need to learn who you are. (17:49)
- Dr. Andrea shares about her own struggle with depression and how music has been such an influence and help. (24:09)
- The power in sharing your personal story and how you can start sharing yours. (36:01)