I am pumped to share today’s episode with you! Partly because it is a coaching session episode, partly because Tracie, the lovely lady I am coaching, is a longtime coaching client of mine, and partly because I was (and still am) fired up about the topic Tracie brought to our session! Oh and I also am doing something I haven’t done in a loooonnng time. All the details are in this episode, so you will have to listen in. ?
We’re staring down the barrel at the end of the decade. So what are you declaring for the next decade? Well, for this week’s coaching client, Tracie, she’s grappling with following her heart and soul’s deepest passion – starting a business of her own. And as she inches closer to turning 50-years old this year, she came to me, looking for some help and some answers, to move closer to her goal.
Wanting to follow your heart and your passion, but not taking action, is a topic many can relate. In fact, I see this all the time in my work. There may be something you are yearning to do but are unsure how to get there. Maybe your values are misaligned, your inner critic is holding you back or it’s something else entirely. In this episode, we explore the things keeping Tracie from moving forward, we discuss the concept of, ‘Sometimes being selfish is okay,’ and we walk through some actions steps Tracie can take to reach her ultimate goal – freedom from a job that she feels is holding her back.
Know that you CAN be selfish, selfless, give back, and answer the calling of your soul. Keep that fire lit under your ass and in your heart, ass-kickers. And never, ever forget your why. I hope this episode inspires and motivates you to take the next step in your life.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Tracie’s feeling of being stuck in her job and not making any progress towards what she really wants to do (7:00)
- Not being aligned with what you want to be doing versus what you are doing (8:00)
- Tracie’s value around freedom and how she is craving it in her life right now (12:47)
- Feelings of selfishness and the whole concept of ‘what is selfish was okay?’ (16:00)
- I give Tracie some assignments so she can start going after what she wants in her career (23:17)
- Tracie’s kick-ass audio update (36:41)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
You Are a Badass At Making Money, Jen Sincero