Returning guest, Shannon Kaiser joins me this week on the YKAL podcast. She is the bestselling author of five books on the psychology of happiness and fulfillment, including the #1 bestseller, The Self-Love Experiment and Adventures for Your Soul. Her new book, Joy Seeker: Let Go of What's Holding You Back So You Can Live the Life You Were Made For, is available this week! It is always a pleasure to talk to this amazing lady.
Today we talk about joy, spirituality, and authentic living. As you will hear, the underlying message to our conversation is, giving yourself permission to do the things you’ve always wanted to do. We talk about how women can work to trust and believe in themselves, how to live more authentically and how to speak your truth. As Shannon said so perfectly during our time together, “It all comes back to living your life from a place of integrity, a place of truth, and a place of honesty; that is the true joy.”
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What led Shannon to write Joy Seeker and how her experiences appear throughout it (8:00)
- Ask yourself, “What have you always wanted to do but have not given yourself permission to do?” (9:00)
- How women can work to trust and believe in themselves and how we can follow our hearts and our dreams; plus ask yourself, “What dream keeps coming back to you?” (11:00)
- Being in gratitude and exploring gratitude practices (30:00)
- How losing what you love most can help you find what you need and honoring your grief (34:00)
- Letting go of who you think you're supposed to be so you can be who you’re meant to be (39:00)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Shannon’s new book
Episode 165: The Self-Love Experiment with Shannon Kaiser
Shannon Kaiser is the bestselling author of five books on the psychology of happiness and fulfillment, including the #1 bestseller, The Self-Love Experiment and Adventures for Your Soul and new book Joy Seeker Let go of what's Holding You back so you can live the life you're made for, coming out Oct 29. As an international life coach, speaker and retreat leader, she empowers people to trust and believe in themselves so they can live their highest potential. She’s been named a top 100 Women to Watch in wellness by mindbodygreen and “your-go-to happiness booster” by Health magazine. She has also been recognized as a Must-Follow Instagram Account for Inspiration by Entrepreneur magazine and a Top Facebook Account for Daily Motivation by mindbodygreen. Visit her website at playwiththeworld.com and follow on social media @ShannonKaiserWrites.