This week on the YKAL podcast, I am especially excited to introduce you to my guest, Susan Hyatt. Susan is a Master Certified Life Coach, weight loss expert and creator of the Bare™ process. And if you ever wondered who coaches me to be my absolute best professionally and even personally – it’s Mrs. Susan Hyatt! She holds a special place in my heart, plus we go waaaay back.
This week Susan joins me to discuss her new book, BARE, and the seven-step process she outlines to help transform your body, get more energy, feel amazing and become the bravest version of yourself. Yes, Susan, YES! I wholeheartedly agree with everything she has to say in her latest book and cannot wait for you to hear our conversation. But wait, there’s more! You’ll hear, in this episode, how you can win a free copy of Susan’s book, BARE, plus another bonus giveaway.
In this episode Susan and I talk about diet culture in today’s society and the need for appreciating your body. We also touch on the importance of eating with attentiveness, a new approach to exercise and how to look at clothing in a whole new way. Finally we talk about practicing self-love with bravery and grace and the power to embody who you are without fear or regret – own it!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- About the diet culture that exists today and the need to appreciate the body you’re in (3:54)
- Susan’s experience with a coach and the question that changed things for her life (7:51)
- Power foods and pleasure foods and the importance of eating with attentiveness (14:17)
- The benefits of exercise and a new approach to exercise (21:47)
- How to take a new look at your closet and the effect your clothing has on you (26:19)
- How to detox your mind and talk to yourself with love (29:03)
- Why it’s hard to stay consistent with healthy habits (36:09)
- The importance of reshaping your mind and your life and harnessing your energy for things that impact your life (39:01)
As promised, here’s the dress we talk about in the episode:
Resources mentioned in this episode
Susan’s book, BARE
Part 1 with Kate Anthony on body image and diet culture is HERE and Part 2 is HERE
Become a Your Kick-Ass Life Patron
Andrea on Instagram
Susan Hyatt is a Master Certified Life and Business Coach based in Evansville, Indiana. She specializes in helping women get more of whatever they want—whether it’s more money, more media recognition, more pleasure, more passion, or more time to pursue meaningful goals.
Susan is the author of two books, Create Your Own Luck and BARE. Her work has been featured in places like O: The Oprah Magazine, Woman’s World, Cosmopolitan, and The Huffington Post. She’s the creator of “The BARE Process,” a trademarked system for upgrading your mental and physical health, building more energy and confidence, and creating the life that you want.