My dear friend Kate Anthony joins me on the podcast this week. Kate is a certified life coach who helps women decide if they should stay in or leave their marriages and then guides them through the divorce process should they choose to leave. She is amazing at what she does!
Prior to our podcast recording, we had planned on talking about a very specific topic. And then what unfolded was more akin to an open and honest conversation between two women, two friends, in their 40s talking about body image (trigger warning – we touch on eating disorders). We also discuss how our body image has changed and evolved over the years, the pitfalls we’ve experienced and more. This is not your typical episode which gets wrapped up with a pretty bow at the end. But neither does life, the journey is always evolving and changing.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Two friends plan to dance like nobody's watching, while in workout clothes (11 minutes and 23 seconds)
- Body comparison, cellulite, and managing your inner-critic (21:06)
- Views on exercising, including some reasons why we push it away, plus body shaming in the self-help industry (27:33)
- Being deliberate with rejecting diet culture (30:01)
- Hitting rock bottom, Kate’s experience with an eating disorder and working through it (39:21)
- Being intentional with body image beliefs and behaviors in order to be a better role model for our children, body shaming and cultural taboos (46:07)
Kate Anthony is a certified life coach who helps women decide if they should stay in or leave their marriages and then guides them through the divorce process should they choose to leave.
Kate empowers women to find their strength, passion, and confidence even in the most disempowering of circumstances and helps them move forward with concrete plans, putting their children at the center (not in the middle) of all decisions.
In addition to her certification, Kate has also trained as a relationship coach and is an expert in communication, co-parenting, and emotional intelligence.
Resources from this podcast:
The Daring Way Retreat Interest List
Kate’s episode w/ Andrea: Should I stay or should I go?
Kate’s episode w/ Andrea on Anxiety
Kate’s podcast, The Divorce Survival Guide
Kate on Facebook
Kate on Instagram
The Daring Way™ Retreat is ON!
Many of you are familiar with the work of Brené Brown and know I’m a certified Daring Way™ Facilitator since 2014.This summer I’ll be hosting an in-person retreat here in North Carolina in the beautiful mountains of Asheville over a long weekend. If you think it might be something you’d like to do, go to this link and sign up to be notified when I open applications. ?