Episode 4 in the special recovery series is an interview with Holly Whitaker. Holly is the founder of Hip Sobriety, which aims to provide a modern, holistic, accessible and desirable path to sobriety, and to remove the stigma associated with addiction (and sobriety). In this episode you’ll hear:
- Holly shares about her relationship with alcohol and when she decided it was time to quit.
- She tells us her feelings about Alcoholics Anonymous.
- What is devolution and how does it happen in addiction.
- Holly shares advice for someone new in sobriety.
- And she tells us some of the things she does to to stay sober.
Holly Whitaker is the founder of Hip Sobriety, which aims to provide a modern, holistic, accessible and desirable path to sobriety, and to remove the stigma associated with addiction (and sobriety). She’s also the creator of Hip Sobriety School, an online program that helps individuals build holistic paths to recovery as either a complement or alternative to traditional modalities.
She is also the co-host of the HOME Podcast, a podcast dedicated to the raw, real and necessary discussions we must have in order to not only recover from addiction, but recover our best selves in a world that is increasingly in need of each of us to wake up to what we are.
It is Holly’s belief that recovery is a privilege – not a consequence – and sobriety is a proud and empowering life choice.