I’m so excited to bring you today’s show with guest Maria Felipe. Maria is an author who’s achieved success as a model and actress, and used to be a WWF hostess! She has so much energy that it’s infectious, and you’re going to absolutely love listening to her story!
As you’ll hear, Maria’s own journey started with her trying to find happiness inside her, and she started doing the deep work to heal herself. She recognized that we’ve been run by a society that is ego driven, and this makes us feel that fear and sadness is normal. Maria is trying to change this thinking though through her work, and to show people that happiness and feeling at peace is actually normal.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What Maria means by false or external happiness – and the trap we’re falling into (10 minutes and 27 seconds
- How she started to undo the thought system of trying to find happiness outside herself (12:09)
- The book that helped Maria undo that voice of fear (13:23)
- How she was able to get a book deal from a single online post! (15:59)
- Can we be happy all the time (and where is your happiness)? (25:59)
- A powerful way to choose how we experience things in life (41:22)
As we’re getting close to the new year, I wanted to mention that my new book, How To Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness is coming out January 2nd, 2018! I share some details about the upcoming book tours that are planned, so stay tuned – I just might be coming to a city near you and would love the opportunity to see you in person. Click here to sign up for all the upcoming details of the book and tour!
Resources from this podcast:
Kick Your Gremlin’s Ass: Manage Your Inner-Critic for Unparalleled Self-Love is open for registration NOW until Sunday, October 1st. This was the first class I ever created back in 2011 and have updated it twice to make it better than ever. With my seven years experience teaching this topic, plus working on it relentlessly in my own life, this class is perfect for the woman who:
- Finds herself comparing herself to other women on the regular and never feeling like she measures up.
- Looks in the mirror and tells herself all the things that are wrong with her body and her appearance.
- Listens to thoughts like “I’m not thin enough, beautiful enough, smart enough, ANYTHING enough”
We all go through this to some extent, but if you’re ready to learn to manage it, if you’re ready to have many tools in your toolbox so when you hear it, you can bypass and think better thoughts and have more self-confidence, if you’re ready to spend some time working on this specific issue in your life so you can have better relationships and just generally FEEL BETTER, I invite you to join us for this online class.
Also, there’s amazing bonuses available and one of them is that I’m teaching this LIVE for the very last time. That’s right, I’m opening up a private FB group for this class where I’ll be answering your questions as you go through this work and helping guide you. Click here to join us!
Maria Felipe is the author of Live Your Happy. A Cuban-American born in Miami, she is 5’9” with a towering personality to match. After experiencing success as a model and actress, including hosting World Wrestling Federation TV shows, she felt called inward and studied to become a reverend at Pathways of Light, an accredited religious school inspired by A Course in Miracles. She leads monthly services in both Spanish and English at Unity Church in Burbank, CA. Visit her online at http://www.mariafelipe.org.
Right click to download the .mp3